JUMIA

Friday 12 June 2015

VIDEO: Oshoala is a great girl - Ogenyi Onazi



According to Goal.com The Super Eagles midfielder has told the Nigeria women team to go for victory when they play against Australia on Friday night.


Tighten the defense and watch yourselves soar, is the message midfielder Ogenyi Onazi has for the Super Falcons ahead of tonight’s second Group D game against Australia.

The Nigeria Women conceded three goals in their first game against Sweden but were also able to score as many in a 3-3 draw.

Victory for Edwin Okon’s team would see them certainly qualify for the round of 16 for the first time since 1999.

Onazi, who is presently in the Super Eagles camp ahead of Saturday’s Africa Cup of Nations qualifying game against Chad, says he and his team mates are keenly watching the Falcons and wishing them well.

“I’ve been following their games lately and I think they are doing very well, they are serving our country very well and I want to support them,” Onazi told Goal.
Even though Onazi declined to name his favourite players in the team, he says the Falcons need to work on tightening up their back line.

“I think they have a very good team and their attack is very strong [as well as] the midfield. The defence is where I believe they need to work a little bit. I believe they are doing very well,” he said.
The Lazio midfielder described star player Asisat Oshoala, who scored a goal against Sweden, in glowing terms.

“She’s a great girl,” he said. “I speak with her always on Instagram and I try to encourage her in my own little way - not only her, but the other ones as well.
“And I try to let her know she has the whole country behind her and she should just go on and deal with any defense and try to convert more of her chances.”

 Boys would be boys and the 22-year-old admits he enjoys watching the beautiful female game and nothing more.
“I’m not the kind that talks about girls,” he said.
The Super Falcons take on Australia in Winnipeg at 10pm Nigerian Time on Friday night.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Konga